“And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.” (Ephesians 4:11-16).
According to this passage, there are certain characteristics that give a trademark to the Church that is walking in maturity.
- 1. They have fully accepted and are walking in the complete potential of the restored and established five-fold ministry.
- They are doing the work of the ministry.
- They walk in the unity of the faith.
- They are established in the knowledge of the Son of God (having received sonship) and walk in the apostles’ doctrine.
- They are not tossed and carried about by all kinds of teachings. They are no longer influenced by people who use cunning and clever strategies to lead them astray.
- They speak the truth in love.
- They are united in the Body and fit together through the support of every joint. Every part does its job and makes the Body grow (increase) so that it builds up and edifies itself in love.
Copyright © 2017 by Israel Onoriobe
Our ministry is a faith-based ministry and this material is provided free of charge to the body of Christ for equipping the saints. If this material has been a blessing to you or a source of encouragement we ask that you prayerfully consider giving a love offering below via PayPal to help us carry the message of the Kingdom of God to the nations – (Hebrews 10:6). The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen (so be it).